- Salary of $24,000.00/year paid on the last day of each month.
- Psychology interns, their spouses/partners, and their dependents are covered by the University’s comprehensive health, dental, and prescription plans. Employee contribution may be required. Click here for more information.
- Twenty-four days of paid leave (12 Personal/Sick/Vacation, 9 University Holidays, 3 Professional Development)
- Personal office with a great view and computer system loaded with Windows, Microsoft Office, Logitech webcams, Internet access, Titanium and access to statistical software.
- Software updates and continuous IT support on-site.
- Free or low cost university support service such as: library privileges, statistical support, recreational facilities, faculty/staff parking, and faculty housing.
- An opportunity to apply for the Dressel Award given to outstanding psychology interns who make a contribution to forwarding cultural awareness and social justice.
- Michigan’s outdoor recreational assets make it a favorite destination. Its forests contain more species of trees than exist in all of Europe, and Michigan’s “third coast” boasts over 1700 miles of shoreline (longer than the Eastern seaboard of the United States).
- Lansing’s central location and reasonable cost of living make it an attractive place to live.
- Affiliations with the following national organizations:
- Association of Counseling Services (IACS)
- Psychology Internship Accredited by American Psychological Association (APA)
- Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC)
- Association of Counseling Center Training Agencies (ACCTA)
- Association of University and College Counseling Center Directors (AUCCCD)
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Training Director, J. Tawa Sina, Ph.D. or our Training Secretary, April Dennis.
J. Tawa Sina, Ph.D., Training Director email@example.com
April Dennis, Training Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
Michigan State University Counseling Center
556 East Circle Drive, Room 207
East Lansing, Michigan 48824-1113
517-355-8270 (O), 517-353-5582 (Fax)